So recently I've been practicing making the Lemon Drizzle Cake - made by Zoella :) the link to here video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP7USjWpi18
It's actually one of my favorite recipes because everything is actually in good proportion so I don't need to cut sugar, or do any other stuffs ;) The cake is also very moist and lemony which is super yummy :P The recipe is also very easy to remember because it's the same measurement for butter, sugar and flour.
Here's the recipe!
- 170g butter
- 170g flour
-170g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 lemons
- 110 icing sugar
- Mix butter, flour, caster sugar, baking powder, 3 eggs, and the zest of 2 lemons
- Put baking paper into the tin and then pour the batter into the tin
- Put the tin into the oven at 180 C and bake for 30-45 mins depending on the size of your tin - remember to keep an eye on your cake so it doesn't burn!
- Meanwhile, mix together the juice of 2 lemons and the icing sugar
- When it's done, poke a stick into the centre of the cake and if its clean then it means its done!
- While its still hot, take a skewer and poke loads and loads of holes into it. Pour your lemon drizzle over it and leave it to cool!
I usually put fruits around it like sliced oranges around the cake to make it look extra pretty! I prefer not to put it into the refrigerator because I think it makes the cake go hard and not as moist :)